Jumping through hoops to keep our kids safe
Family Extension Foster Care & Adoption Agency
Family Extension Foster Care & Adoption main office is in Stockton, California in the San Joaquin County. We serve boys and girls ages 0 to 21 throughout Northern California. Our Agency accepts emotionally disturbed children who are in need of a safe, healthy and stable environment conducive to positive change. We work very closely with our host county of San Joaquin, but place children from all of Northern California particularly, Alameda, Stanislaus and Sacramento counties. We have certified/approved homes in Stockton, Manteca, Modesto, Salida, River Bank and Oakdale, among others, as well as in the Bay Area; Hayward, Oakland, Newark and in Sacramento, to name a few. By providing extensive support and training to resource parents, and on-going treatment to foster children, our program offers a chance for the high-risk children to succeed in a family setting.
All FEFC & AA resource homes and children are monitored and supported by Master Level Social Workers who are readily available to help with school placement and progress, implementation of the treatment plan and, management of behavioral problems. After office hours, county placement workers and our resource parents and children have access to a 24/7 on-call social worker in case of an emergency.
• 24-hour telephone service for Emergency Services after hours within 15 minutes
• 24-hour placement services for county staff(real person response within 15 minutes)
• Adoption Services
• Case Management by Master Level social workers
• Continuous Training for resource families: Live & Online training
• Educational tutoring and school assistance
• Family reunification support services
• Independent Living Skills support (ILSP)
• Emancipation & AB12 planning
• Transportation assistance.
• Advocacy for foster children in the court process.
• Open door policy.
•Resource Family Approval training (emphasis permanency & safety, Resource parents'
responsibilities & Title 22 Regulations & compliance
• Continuous Education for Resource Families and staff
• Emergency & Respite placement
• Family counseling services
• Adoption services